Monday, May 25, 2009

about fandom

Yeah, I’m 33 and STILL LOVE BOYBANDS… so what??

I guess if you read my other posts you’ll know by know that boyband is not my only hobbies. I read comics, I watch anime (a lot) and collecting anime merchandise as you can read here or here in case you never read or you forgot. The most common comment that I get is: “My goodness!! You’re already 33 and you still like this kind of stuff? Grow up!!”


So does liking boybands etc means that I haven’t grown up? Does reading comics & watching anime means that I’m childish? I’m sorry to burst your bubble, but I can say that people who really know me say that I’m very mature. Even when I was in my teens, my parents’ friends used to envy my parents over my maturity compared to their children. I’m not bragging, but that’s the truth.


And how bad is my obsession over boybands? I’d say normal. I listen to their music most of the time, I read the latest gossip or news on them, I watch subbed variety shows that they’re in and laugh over their silliness or idiocy. I bought original CDs/DVDs ONLY if I think they price is sensible, and that’s why I never bought Japanese original stuff! (unless for a couple of CDs) Japanese merchandise’s price are crazy if not overboard! No thanks… I have to thank that technology that enables me to download all those yummy stuff over the internet.


Yes there are some crazy people out there who can’t seem to differentiate between fandom and reality. And I’m happy to say that (I think) I’m not one of them. At least it’s still OK for me if there’s any gossip of them dating. I mean, they’re only human, they surely need someone special just like we, common people, do don’t you think? They have desires too, and if they’re dating women that’s good, cause that means that they’re normal he3x


I don’t dream of being able to use “rasengan” or do “bankai”… of course sometimes I joke around with my friends’ kids, pretending that I can do those but I do realize that I’m no Naruto nor Kurosaki Ichigo. I am Tresia and I am happy just to be myself. While watching the series I sometimes wish that we -- the real people -- could be as nice or as strong as those anime characters. I’m not ashamed to admit that sometimes those characters can change me too. I admire Naruto’s perseverance & loyalty. I sympathize over Ichigo’s trauma of losing his mother. And I wish I could show my love to my brother openly like Shou does to Yuri. But I never imagine myself to be them.


I’m proud of who I am. Despite my hobbies, I do my job seriously. I have a great job at a good firm. So who says that I’m just a childish & non-realistic fangirl?

By the way, if I ever meet DBSK, I have 3 wishes:

1) I want to pinch Junsu’s cheeks.

2) I want to be hugged by Yunho from behind.

3) I want to sing Love In The Ice or Begin with them.


There!! *fangirlmode: ON*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahah you'll be 34 real soon and what triggered this posting anyway?
And since when you care about what other people thinks about your maturity scale?
you can tell them to stop bugging your personal life lah and start thinking about their own messy life....hehehehehee

channel321 said...

and thanks to me for all the poisoning boybands :))

VanillaSeven said...

Just be yourself, as long you are happy and doesn't harm other people :)

Trieze said...

@Gale: I'm not bothered by what people think of me. But it bugs me when they look down on me and then ask me for advise later... hypocrit! :D

@channel: Thank u! Arigatou! Kamsahamnida! Merci beaucoup! Grazi! Gracias! Xie-xie! What else? Hah!

@vanilla:that's right... no harm done so far except for getting others crazy bout the boys too! Ha3x