Friday, May 17, 2013

Chocolate Review: Bendicks Bittermints

I guess most of my friends know that I love chocolates. I don't remember exactly when, but I started to like Dark Chocolate more instead of Milk Chocolates as I grew older. And lately I'm so fond of this Bendicks Bittermints. It's like the top of the chain of all the Dark Chocolate & Mints combination I've ever tasted.


A friend bought it for me at Singapore Changi Airport 2 years ago. Then everytime I went or someone went there I asked them to buy a box for me. I love Dark Chocolate (say it again) and I love mints (including Peppermint Tea). My ideal Dark Chocolate is usually around 70% - 85% Cocoa, pretty bitter for some people but that's just perfect for me. Bendicks Bittermints' chocolate is 95% Cocoa which is too bitter if it comes in bars but this one comes with mints inside that gives an extraordinary sensation to my taste bud. Bitter in the first bite then comes the sweet and cool sensation of the mints. Love it!

Last week the little boss traveled to London where Bendicks originally comes from and or course I didn't miss the opportunity to ask him to buy me a box of Bittermints at the airport. Not only he bought me a box but he kindly also bought me a box of Bendicks Mint Collection!


So I got to taste all of Bendicks Mints line :) And after Bittermints, the Chocolate Mint Crisps comes second. The chocolate outside is not as bitter as Bittermints (tasted something like 70% Cocoa?) but there are sprinkles of mints in it that gives the crunchy feeling.

Anyway, I've been trying to find a friend who would enjoy it with me but so far nobody likes it LOL It's always too bitter or too minty for them. Ah, well... that just means I get to enjoy all of them by my self for a week. Lucky!

No comments: