Friday, January 9, 2009

Opposites Attract

Most people would say that they became close friends because they have a lot in common. On the contrary, my buddy and I became close friends because we are so different. It's so different that it's not strange for us to hear others say: "Wow, how can you guys even be friends???" :D Oh, perhaps I have to say that we even say this almost every year: "Wow, another year of friendship!!! How could we??? Scaaaaarrrryyyyy......" (FYI, it's not me who said scary though I did say the first phrase in awe).

OK, so at first we did find something in common, which is called ENERGY. LoL And to this day we still find it hard to tell people how we met without having to spill some embarassing but memorable memories that still put a smile on my face. To make it short (and less humiliating) now we simply said: "Through friends." though not without exchanging glances & some giggles which lead the other person asks: "Why you guys laughing?" And then in the end we still have to explain the complete stories.

I have many girlfriends but only a few that I could call close friends. Maybe because most times I find them annoying. Like whenever we're going then we have to eat the same food, going to exactly the same spot, and wearing matching stuff and all... and I have to tell them everything that's going on in my life and so I have to listen to them telling me whatever's going on on their lives. I'm one that could never stand a clingy relationship. So those stuff quite annoying for me.

But not with her. We don't spend every single weekend or holiday together. We could go to the same mall together but get into different stores and meet up again later. We won't fight over boys since we have a completely different type. And she's still trying hard to make over my wardrobe though she has given up on asking me clubbing He3x But when we are talking seriously, then we are REALLY talking. We're not trying to guess what's on each other's mind. We ask and try to find out openly. If we don't agree on something, then we'll find another way instead of pushing our ideas into each other. That's the good thing. Let me try to make some comparison between myself and herself here:

She's a fashionista. I'm good with shirt, jeans & sneaker.
She likes Russel Watson. I prefer Andrea Bocelli.
She likes good looking guys. I like guys who look good to me.
She always wears high heels. If I could go to work with sandal, I'll do that.
She's into Snoopy. I want to have Stitch as a pet.
She grows her hair long. And keeps telling me not to cut my hair short again.
She sings David Tao. I sing Jay Chou. At least we sing Lee Hom in duet.
She watched & read Twilight. I'm still trying to finish Bleach & Naruto.
I call her stepmother. She calls me... errr... Tre?

The list could go on and on and on... But we have survived 2 holiday trips together and she's the only one who could make my father walked from the living room to the kitchen while I was cooking just to ask: "Oh, I just realize that G**E hasn't been here for quite a while. Where has she been?" And I was gapping like a fish out of water: "HAAA??? You asked me about G**E??" ROFL And my father didn't even remember my ex boyfriend's name!! Yikes!!

She's not my only close friend like I'm not her only close friend either. And she's just as special as my other close friends, but maybe the most unique. Please note here that I'm using the words CLOSE FRIENDS instead of BEST FRIENDS. Your friends aren't always the BEST, but they are definitely CLOSE to your heart.

To this special and unique close friend: "I'm looking forward to another arguments and disagreements and snickering and bantering between the two of us as those that create a special bond between us. And yes.... it's scaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy...... hahahahahahaha"

To my other close friends: "Wait for your turn on this blog. And no, you can not say NO. Yes... good girls..."

KISS!! *CHUU*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so touching
*ampir nangis* sampe baca about Papi hahahahaha not to mention all your krucil di gereja yang so excited to see me...plis deeeee...hahahahaa
Yet, we're such a close friend ya...indeed and we do understand each other as much as we disagree about many things hahahahaa
on and by the way...this list will go on and on and on and on of all our differences.
And....another year for our relationship...scarrryyyyy...hahahahaa

Unknown said...

BTW, we'll good looking guys are too tempting...hehheee

Anonymous said...

lol, emang perbedaan yang mencolok.. mungkin itu juga sebabnya jadi bisa deket.. ;)

Trieze said...

Fufufufu jadinya banyak yang setuju yah?? Di FB Tre juga pada agree :D Yosha!!