Monday, March 16, 2015

Finally... When?

Good news first, my brother is getting married in April 18!! Woohoo!! First wedding in the family... and might be the last if I can make a choice LOL Any bad news? Not really... rather than sharing bad news, I want to share a little of what every singles like me dreaded to hear around a wedding.

Every single time I shared the good news, 99% it was replied with: "Oh, finally! Congrats to your brother!" which was no surprise for a couple of reasons (a) They've been dating for 6 years already and (b) There's really "finally" a wedding coming in our family. And then another 99% will be followed with, "And when's yours?" that made me feel like printing an A4 sized paper, laminated, with the words: "No boyfriend, don't even think of asking me when." in bold red, all CAPITAL.

Then strings of theory of "why you're still single" or "don't give up hope" or even "what's wrong with you?" started as I was just staring into nothing and pretended that I was listening and ready to give them another sheet of paper that says: "Being single is also an option and a choice."

I am not going to rant here and tell you all the reasons of why I'm still single, chose to be single and still happy to be one. Email me if you're curious, I might reply LMAO But the point is, I just don't get why being single is a such a disgrace or such a burdensome state. I mean, hellooooooo I kept hearing of married people complaining about their family or even worse about their spouses. Why would you expect to me to get rid of my singleness when you can't even be happy with your marriage? D'UH!

Anyway, yes I'm a bit excited cause we're inviting a lot of people that I haven't seen in a such a long time for the reception so this could be another reunion for long lost families and friends LOL What a grand reunion! I plan to visit some of the elders to hand out the invitations in the next few weeks and hopefully they all can make it on the D-Day :)

What else? Oh yeah, I will have to accompany my Dad on the stage during the reception; still hope to be able to mingle and have fun with the guests though TT___TT I don't like the material and the color of the traditional dress I'll have to wear, but I don't have a choice, gotta match the future in law's dress. At least I get to wear whatever I like for the Holy Matrimony, oh yeah!

4 comments:

Pitshu said...

congratz buat dd, lancar juga buat nikahannya... tre jaga kesehatan, banyak istirahat, jgn kecapekan, biar d day fit dan fresh... pan mo mejeng di pelaminan :)

Fanny said...

Kita quote aja lirik lagunya Oppie Andaresta, "I’m single and very happy." setuju kan, Tre? ;)

Unknown said...

Selamat buat si DD ya Tin.... jaga kesehatan untuk menyambut hari bahagia si DD,

Mudah2an setelah si DD married, kamu juga nyusul....

Trieze said...

@Pitshu: Thank you Pits, kalo boleh milih sih maunya dibawah aja biar bisa hore2 sama temen2 hahaha

@Fanny: Setujuuuuuu! Orang hepi kok pada bingung? Hahaha

@Nancy: Thanks Nancy, Amen! Take care juga ya, kapan yak kita ketemuan? Hhahaa