Friday, July 29, 2011

I'm Getting Through It

Despite my tough appearance (according to many people, though I don't really think so), I'm actually such a cry baby. I can't watch a sad movie without crying like an heartbroken idiot -- thinking: 'what if it happens to me' or 'I wish it never happens to me'. I even cried while driving past an old man sitting by the pavement and looking so lonely -- thinking: 'does he have a family to take care of him' or 'I should talk to my father tonight so he won't get lonely'.

I cried a lot but I ever since Mom passed away I cried even more often and little things tugged at my heartstrings more easily. If I used to cry on my bed in the past, lately I cried more often in the car, while driving to or from work or just whenever I felt like it. So to prevent having such a moody feeling I tried to play cheerful and upbeat music. Still, there are times when everything was just not right... sentimental songs were playing through the radio... and unstoppable tears were just falling like rain.

Many times I asked myself whether I'm still not over the grieve from my Mom's death. But this person said in one of his twit: "YOU NEVER GET OVER GRIEF, YOU GET THROUGH IT." I'm relieved, cause I know that I'm not dwelling on the grief, I get on with my life, and it's okay for me to cry when I feel like it but never let the sad feelings bring me down... I'M GETTING THROUGH IT, and I'm living in remembrance of my Mom and the good and bad things that we went through.

Yeah... I'm sure there's a point in our life when we just feel everything is wrong... things are dragging us down.... but LIFE GOES ON... we shouldn't dwell on the past but to move on. And when you're unable to get over it, then get through it!

And here I'm sharing a picture taken at my cousin's wedding last May with Dad & Lil' Bro'. It's not easy to get a family photo like this, didn't even have one with Mom. So I treasure this and hope to take more while he's still with us.


No comments: