Tuesday, January 19, 2010

wiper

I know that my car is old. But I never felt that it's ANCIENT until last night. As we finished our weekly intercession at church last night, it was raining and a friend of mine didn't drive so I offered to take her home, I'd have to pass her house anyway. She brought her 5.5 year old son along with him. The little boy was curious about everything and while I was chatting with his mother he started asking question:

Sammy: "Tante Kristin, what is this?" (pointing at something)
Me: "Oh, this is to turn on the lamps."
Sammy: "And what is this?" (pointing at another thing)
Me: "Oh, that is to turn on the wiper... look here *click* it's on."
Sammy: "And how do you turn on the wiper in the back?"
Me: "Huh??? I don't think this car has it!"
Sammy: "But daddy's car has wiper in the back!! How come this one doesn't?"

My friend (Sammy's mom) and I laughed so hard and she told him: "Sammy, don't say something that will embarrass Tante Kristin! Daddy's car is a new car and this one is an old car, old car only has front wiper!" (their car is an Alphard). I could only say: "Yeah, sorry this old car doesn't have any wiper in the back!" But apparently that didn't stop him asking about things, which fortunately had nothing to do with the antiquity of my car.

When he hopped off the car he didn't forget to thank me for driving him home. While he was waving furiously at me as I drove away, I also didn't forget to tell him: "Hey Sammy, before you go to bed tonight please don't forget to pray to God to give me a car that has wiper in the back!" And he shout outloud: "OK!!"

After all, doesn't the Bible said that God listens to the prayer of a little kid. Who knows, maybe next year I'll be driving a car with wiper in the back. And if you read this and happens to have children, please ask them to pray for the same thing for me (^o^)

3 comments:

VanillaSeven said...

Whatever you've asked in His name, you shall surely have it. :)

DANIEL'S FILES said...

so sorry about my son...

Trieze said...

@vanilla: Amen!

@daniel: no worry!! It's hilarious :D