Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's Over When It's Over

Today is my 1st day back in the office after the surgery. I’ve been busy replying messages and the well wishes sent through SMS or Facebook for the first few days back home but now it’s time to get back to the real world. I couldn’t be more thankful for having so many people care about me. My whole family was outside the surgery room from 12pm (when they wheeled me in) until 6:30pm (when they brought me back to my room), my dad didn't even want to have lunch even though my aunt had bought him one. My baby cousin stayed with me in the hospital room for 3 nights attending to my every needs. She didn't hear her mobile phone alarm ringing 3 sets in a row but she woke up whenever I called her when I needed to get off the bed and went to the toilet or just to grab anything I asked of her, amazing!! And she had to go to work in the morning too... I love you so much lil' sista!! *muach 100x*

The surgery was a success even though the result was a bit off than expected. It started at 1:00pm on June 13 and finished at 4:00pm. Apparently there were cysts in both my left & right ovary. The one in the left was what the doctor found earlier through USG. Even though the USG only showed it medium in size (around 3.9 x 3.4cm) the real thing was actually much bigger (8 x 4.5 x 2.5cm) and it was stuck to the left ovary. The doctor has no choice but to take the left ovary along with the cyst. But the surgery team managed to take the cyst in the right as it wasn’t as big (3 x 2.5cm) without removing the right ovary. Other than that 2 uterus fibroid were also taken from my uterus… small & black like stones my aunt said.

Funny thing was, nobody told me about the removal of my left ovary until the next day. I was chatting with my little cousin about the surgery and I kinda told her: “So I heard the left cyst was very big? Did you see it?” She said: “Yeah, I was told by our aunt that it’s pretty big the team even had to remove your left ovary along with it!” I didn’t think that I was shocked or something, but I remember there was a pause before I asked her casually: “So they did remove left ovary? Really?” Suddenly she fell silent and quickly retorted: “Errrrr, I’m not so clear… maybe I’m wrong, maybe you’ll have to check it with our aunt who spoke with the doctors!” I knew it’s real right there and then. My aunt still didn’t say anything until the day I check-out from the hospital. She explained everything to me carefully but I didn’t feel sad or anything. I’m just disappointed that they didn’t think I’m strong enough to take the news. I’d rather have them tell me directly rather than made me wonder for 3 days.

2 days ago was my 1st consultation post surgery. I got to see the 20cm long incision in my lower abdomen. And again I’m so thankful for God’s help and grace throughout the whole process. There were times when I felt so lonely & almost depressed, but everytime I opened the Bible, HE always gave me the answer that I was looking for and then I could be at ease again.

So here I am again… facing my pc monitor and ready to sort out my piling-up works… The hardest time isn’t over, but I’ll get through it one day at a time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And...thanks to the pretty boys that cheer you up (or torture you up...cos you can't LOL hehehhe) all along the way...hahahhahaaa at least it was quite a fun way to do it hehehehehee

Trieze said...

Sweet torture... Like I said, pretty boys are indeed the best remedy! Ha3x